Thursday, October 9, 2008

What Is This Country Coming To?

Like I said before, I don't follow politics. I don't want to say it's boring, but it's boring, and most of the time, I don't understand what they are talking about.

But this I understand:

Beginning in October, the Army plans to station an active unit inside the United States for the first time to serve as an on-call federal response in times of emergency. The 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team has spent thirty-five of the last sixty months in Iraq, but now the unit is training for domestic operations. The unit will soon be under the day-to-day control of US Army North, the Army service component of Northern Command. The Army Times reports this new mission marks the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to Northern Command. The paper says the Army unit may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control. The soldiers are learning to use so-called nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals and crowds.

Well, at first I didn't understand it. Why would we need an active unit "to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals and crowds?" In the short time I've been on this planet, I can't remember anything taking place that required an active duty Army unit to keep things under control.

But then there was all of this in response to the federal bail-out package for the economy:

Representative Brad Sherman Martial Law

Brad Sherman and Martial Law Again (The fact that it's on the Alex Jones show makes it lose some of its credibility to me. He thinks George Bush carried out 9/11.)

To top it off, there is now talk of postponing the election.

Now it all makes sense. If the elections are postponed, we are going to need Martial Law to be instated because people are going to flip out. An active duty Army unit will be required to maintain control.

I can't imagine American troops firing on their own countrymen, but I can totally picture countrymen firing on American troops, and American troops returning the fire. So, if you see an Army unit in the streets, do not shoot them. Meet them in the middle with a case of beer and some good American food and try to keep things from getting any worse.

Hopefully we won't have to deal with any of this.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I doubt they will let the elections be postponed unless some unforeseen incident takes place. Thats what that article was talking about, right? A terrorist attack? It could happen, but I pray it doesnt. There will be chaos.

Everything youve outlined makes sense. Hopefully youre not right.

Missy said...

I have a bad feeling that some crazy shit is about to go down.