Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Ultimate Dinner Championship

I found the perfect dinner for under $5.

For those of you that don't know me personally, you don't know that I have an avid obsession with Taco Bell. I can name every item on their menu, and then tell you exactly what they put in everything, and for the most part, the prices of each item.

Recently I've been trying to conserve money by only spending $5 dollars on dinner. I've tried going to McDonald's, Subway, Burger King, Rallys/Checkers, and Taco Bell, getting different combinations of items, trying to find something that is both cheap and filling.

McDonald's is too expensive. Combo meals usually end up coming out over $5, and if they don't, it isn't enough food. Same with Burger King and Rallys/Checkers. Subway you can get a 6 inch combo meal for $5 dollars, or a foot long for the same price. A foot long is good, but none of the subs they have for $5 are the kinds I like, and 6 inches in the combo meal just isn't enough.

So I stuck with Taco Bell. I tried various combinations of things, most of them coming short on the filling requirement, and others breaking $5, sometimes by only 25 cents. But $5.25 is not $5.

Then, about 2 weeks ago, I found it. The perfect order that comes out to total of $4.94. It doesn't break $5 and it leaves me satisfied when I'm done eating it. So what is this magical combination? Here it is, in all its glory:
  • A Hard Taco
  • A Volcano Taco
  • A Bean Burrito minus Onions plus Sour Cream
  • A Nacho Supreme
There it is folks. The ultimate dinner from our friends at Taco Bell. Enjoy. You know you are going to try it now. The seed has been planted.

No comments: